Imagine the effects excess humidity can have on your health, on the people around you, and on anything stored in such a room. Consider the effects of molds and the links between moldy rooms and conditions such as asthma. Dehumidifiers offers you the ability to take care of the excess moisture in room and reduce the likelihood of having to deal with health implications that could be caused by continued exposure to a moldy room.
Excessive humidity in houses can also reduce the shelf life of most perishable goods and cause accumulation of aflatoxins on agricultural produce, which could place individuals who consume such products at risks of food poisoning.
Dehumidifiers are designed to remove humidity from the air either by using a desiccant or a compressed refrigerant. Commercial dehumidifiers are similar to consumer grade dehumidifiers, except for their ability to work well in removing humidity in larger spaces such as companies and warehouses.
Installing commercial dehumidifiers in your offices or companies offers both the staff and customers a conducive working environment by eliminating dust mites and allergens from the area, preventing rusting and warping metal and wood surfaces, and eliminating musty smells and odors.
Last update on 2020-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Shopping Guide for Commercial Dehumidifiers
Space: You should consider the amount of space that the dehumidifiers will be used. Larger rooms might need a larger dehumidifiers to ensure that it effectively removes the moisture in the air.
Type: The type of the dehumidifier should depend on its intended use and where you plan to place it. Portable dehumidifiers can be used in areas where storage spaces affect the organization in the room.
Organization: The organizaiton of the identified spaceshould also determine the type of dehumidifier that would fit the space. By placing the appropriate unit in the lowest levels of your building, such as a basement or crawlspace, air can be dried before it has a chance to circulate through your home, preventing mold and pest problems early. There are many units that can even be added to your existing HVAC system and operated via remote humidistat for complete air quality control in your entire home.
Because a powerful commercial quality dehumidifier will operate more effectively and less often, it will ultimately be more efficient in terms of not only energy usage but also long term equipment costs. A dehumidifier regulated by humidistat will maintain the air comfort in your home or commercial space while only using energy when needed. Many people also find that a commercial grade dehumidifier will also save them energy use and wear on their A/C units as lower relative humidity also means that air feels cooler and more comfortable.
Top 10 Best Selling Commercial Dehumidifiers in August 2020
- ✦【Commercial-grade Dehumidifier】This commercial dehumidifier with 386 CFM airflow volume can remove up to 190 pints of moisture from the air per day at saturation (90°F, 90%) (93 PPD @ AHAM), ideal for flood & water damage restoration, carpet cleaning, fast drying in indoor gardening/greenhouse/pool/spa, construction areas, marine environments and large spaces up to 6,000 sq ft.
- ✦【Dehumidifier with Pump】Featuring an internal heavy-duty condensate pump of 15 ft drain height connecting with a 17 ft wrinkle-free long drain hose (included), this self-draining industrial dehumidifier will automatically drain the condensation water to anywhere you want, meanwhile ensuring you are always on the top of operation without downtime.
- ✦【Superior Durability】Roto-molded housing is much better on resisting dents, abrasion, and corrosion than metal housing while protecting the delicate interior components from any impact damage. This ETL listed water damage dehumidifier is also backed with a 2-year free warranty (5-year on housing) to ensure maximum lifespan that lasts several years.
- ✦【Plug-and-go Operation】All you need to do is to plug it in, turn it on, no further manual adjustment is required. The LCD screen displays the humidity level and the temperature of both inlet and outlet as well as the job hours for better management of job site progress. The auto-restart on power failure and auto HGV defrost features allow less supervision.
- ✦【Easy to Transport & Store】The large semi-pneumatic wheels and rigid handle make this large dehumidifier portable from job sites to job sites, even from downstairs to upstairs. The long PVC drain hose (17 ft) and power cord (25 ft), adding ultimate flexibility for installation, can be wrapped on the winders on the back, the handle is foldable and the rugged housing is stackable, saving valuable spaces for both storage and transportation.
- 225 PINT DEHUMIDIFIER - Ideal for water damage restoration projects, its high efficiency rotary compressor ensures the maximum moisture extraction, of up to 225 pints per day (105 PPD AHAM), removing up to double the water per day than normal 70 pt. capacity home dehumidifiers
- CONVENIENT – This dehumidifier is packed with an automatic water pump, digital panel, compact electrical control with auto restart, hour counter, RH and temperature sensors, so you can get any job site done with just a few buttons
- COMMERCIAL AND INDUSTRIAL USE - Designed to withstand the rigors of the toughest spaces, the BD-130Pcan go into construction zones and buildings damaged by flooding and other water accidents and work hard overnight or continuous for days at a time without you worrying about it
- WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION – From your basement to your attic or your bathroom to outside in your garage, our dehumidifier will help you restore your whole house.
- WARRANTY - Our product is designed with a heavy duty roto-mold technology that we with a 1-year and a 5-year housing
- 150 Pint Dehumidifier - Ideal for water damage restoration projects, its high efficiency rotary compressor ensures the maximum moisture extraction, of up to 150 pints per day ((90ºF 90%RH)/76 PPD at AHAM (80ºF 60%RH)), removing up to double the water per day than normal 70 pt capacity home dehumidifiers
- Convenient – This dehumidifier is packed with an automatic water pump, digital panel, compact electrical control with auto restart, hour counter, RH and temperature sensors, so you can get any job site done with just a few buttons
- Commercial And Industrial Use - Designed to withstand the rigors of the toughest spaces, the BD-76 can go into construction zones and buildings damaged by flooding and other water accidents and work hard overnight or continuous for days at a time without you worrying about it
- WATER DAMAGE RESTORATION – From your basement to your attic or your bathroom to outside in your garage, our dehumidifier will help you restore your whole house
- WARRANTY - Our product is designed with a heavy duty roto-mold technology that we guarantee with a 1-year warranty and a 5-year housing Warranty
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE DEHUMIDIFIER - Our 15.4 x 11 x 24.3 inches dehumidifier with 1.8 gallon water tank capacity removes up to 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Standard) from the air per day depending on moisture condition and the size of your room. This is our largest, most capable model ideal for large rooms up to 4,500 square feet and/or very wet spaces.
- DESIGNED FOR THE MODERN HOME - That most dehumidifiers are clunky eyesores is news to nobody. We designed with the modern consumer in mind: a sleek clean look, convenient built-in wheels and handles, and a quiet fan that won’t drown out your current binge-watching obsession. Durability is key, too, which is why we offer a 2-year warranty, plus an extra 6 months if you register on our website.
- SUPER EASY TO USE - Dehumidifiers don’t need to be complicated, so ours isn’t. Adjust to your ideal moisture setting, then let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, at which point it will automatically shut-off. Don’t got time for that? There’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining. The hose is not included; we recommend a ⅝” diameter garden hose with an internal threaded end, and optionally Teflon tape for extra security.
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS & ODOR - Moist is a bad word. Our portable dehumidifier reduces odors and moisture through its built-in pump compressor. It also features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed from Normal Air CFM 165 (cubic feet per minute) to High Air CFM 188 for maximum moisture removal and odor reduction.
- YOUR SATISFACTION IS OUR PRIORITY - hOmeLabs offers a 2-year warranty and free return or exchange within 30 days of order receipt. We want you to be completely satisfied with your purchase. If you experience any issues, please contact us or any of our authorized sellers directly, and we will do everything we can to make things right!
- Ideal for large-sized rooms up to 4000 square feet (standard 8 foot ceiling)
- Auto re-start feature will restart the appliance at previous settings in case of power outage
- Includes smart dehumidification feature to maintain humidity within a comfortable 45-55% range
- Includes timer feature, auto-defrost function, and overflow protection
- Easy to clean re-usable filter included
- BUILT TO LAST with corrosion-resistant aluminum coils, Aprilaire Dehumidifiers are designed and manufactured in the U.S.A. by Aprilaire, the leader in indoor air quality solutions
- MINIMIZE AIRBORNE VIRUS SURVIVAL rates by keeping relative humidity below 60% with a dehumidifier
- REDUCES & CONTROLS BASEMENT & WHOLE HOME HUMIDITY to help prevent damp carpeting and furnishings, mold, mildew, and odors, and mold, termites, structural wood rot, and odors in a sealed crawl space
- REMOVES UP TO 9 GALLONS (70 pints) of water per day
- NO MESSY WATER TRAY TO EMPTY and simple to set up - just place a hose or place dehumidifier over a drain, level it, plug it in, set the target humidity, and you’re done
- LARGE CAPACITY COMMERCIAL DEHUMIDIFIER-This commercial dehumidifier is with a high-efficiency compressor can remove up 130 pints water per day, suitable to use in large area,warehouse, grow room, basement, garage, cellar, workshop, library, laboratory and small factory, etc
- INTELLIGENT CONTROL- Humidity Auto Control: Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, it will smartly sense room humidity and control dehumidification to maintain pre-set humidity levels. Automatic Shut Off/On: Shuts off automatically when the room humidity reachs the setting humidity and restart to working again when the humidity is above. Power Outage Auto Restart Function: It will restart automatically when power becomes available
- PORTABLE DESIGN FOR LARGE SPACE- This is a portable dehumidifier designed with the sleek and modern look. With four universal casters and two ergonomically placed handles, you can move this dehumidifier easily in your area
- CONTINUOUS AND MANUAL DRAINAGE - Auto Drain: This dehumidifier is included with a with 78.7 inch(1m) long drain hose. Simply connect with drain hose, it will continuous drainage by gravity, just set your desire humidity (10-90%RH) and it will automatically turn off when it reach the point. Manual Drain - When the 5L water tank has reached maximum capacity, the "Full Tank "indicator will light up, the dehumidifier will automatically switch off until the tank has been emptied
- SUPPORT- This Waykar 130 Pint Dehumidifier Commercial Dehumidifier is covered with 30-Days Money Back if you are not satisfed with the product, 1 year warranty, 2nd year warranty extension and lifetime expert tech support. Please don't hesitate to contact us if there is any question, we will reply to you within 12 hours and help you solve the problems. Waykar customer support team is always just an-email away
- 4,500 SQ FT LARGE ROOM DEHUMIDIFIER - Our "Moisture Maniac" dehumidifier is rated to remove 50 pints (70 Pint 2012 DOE Rating Standard) of moisture per day and is ideal for medium to large spaces from 3,000 sq. ft. to 4,500 sq. ft.
- DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND - We designed our dehumidifier with convenience and style in mind. This dehumidifier sports a sleek, clean look with convenient built-in wheels and handles and a quiet fan that will do its job without you hearing it.
- REAL EASY TO USE - It's a dehumidifier, not a rocket ship and our design reflects that. Simply adjust to your ideal moisture setting, let it run its continuous 24-hour cycle until the tank is full, where it'll then shut-off automatically. For added convenience, there’s also a drain hose outlet for continuous draining (NOTE: hose not included)
- ELIMINATES MOISTNESS & ODOR - Our portable dehumidifier features a Turbo mode that increases fan speed for maximum moisture removal. This product effectively reduces humidity and maintains a level of dryer air that can help you feel more comfortable.
- IMPORTANT INFO - Dehumidifiers emit heat when in use (that’s how they work) and is intended for any indoor space between 3,000 and 4,500 SQ FT. It measures 16.6 x 11 x 24.3 inches, has a 1.8 gallon water tank capacity, and removes up to 50 pints of moisture from the air per day.
- Commercial Dehumidifier, Moisture Removal Capacity 135 PPD at Saturation condition and 95 Pint at AHAM only with 5.56A, COP 2.85 L / Kwh Super Efficient System, Automatic Digital Humidistat Control, Memory Starting, Timer, Industrial Dehumidifier with Condensate Pump
- This dehu has an internal pump to drain the water out automatically
- Ideal for removing Damp and Moisture from Water Damage Restoration, Carpet Cleaning, Basements/ Cellars, Laundries, De-Flooding, Drying Furnishing, Offices, Laboratories, Tradesmen, Garages.
- Real-time inlet and outlet temperature and relative humidity display helps track jobsite conditions and dehumidification progress
- Comes back after power failure, no need to turn on manually, this water damage Restoration dehumidifier designed with Rigid handle and semi-pneumatic wheels to facilitate transport.
- Fast working - removes 140 pints of moisture per day (90 degrees f, 90Percent rh, 65Aham)
- POWERFUL - Low grain r410a refrigerant
- Versatile - optional warm air bypass to defrost coils
- Easy to use - electronic control panel with programmable relative humidity and temperature operation settings
- Multi-use - great solution for removing excess moisture from large areas such as basements or humid, damp rooms in a home or commercial area
Last update on 2020-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Advantages of Using a Commercial Dehumidifier
- Commercial dehumidifiers can serve both larger and smaller spaces, making them more effective for both homes and business places. Using a commercial dehumidifiers in your home can ensure that you get maximum results and benefits from your dehumidifier since commercial dehumidifiers are created for heavy duty purposes. They are also expected to serve larger numbers of people making them ore reliable that non-commercial dehumidifiers. They can also be effective in energy saving because of their efficiency in performance.
- Designed to operate more effectively. Commercial dehumifiers are designed to operate well in large areas and are more effective in removing moisture in crowded spaces.
Benefits of Using a Commercial Portable Dehumidifier
- Removes musty smells from the air. They purify the air and promote circulation of fresh air, which improves the air quality.
- Prevent the infestation of pests. By eliminating moisture from the air, dehumidifiers make it nearly impossible for pests to survive in the same areas.
- Prevent rusting and warping of surfaces. Moisture causes warping of woods and formation of rust on iron. Dehumidifiers eliminate the moisture there by prolonging the lifespan of wood and iron equipment.
- Reduces risks of health implications like allergies and asthma. Musty smells and accumulation of moisure in living conditions increases the risks of asthma and other respiratiry conditions. Having a dehumidifers eliminates the risks of these illnesses.
- Protects valuables from moisture damage: Like wood and metal, other valuable items can also be affected by the accumulation of moisture in the air. As such, dehumifiers protect valuable items.
- Prevents accumulation of aflatoxins in agricultural products: Moisture causes the accumulation of toxins in agricultural products. Dehumidifiers helps in keeping the air and agricultural products dry.
- Eliminates excessive moisture. This forms the basis of the role of dehumidifiers. Their function in eliminating misture from the air creates a comfortable living or workign condition.
Commercial Dehumidifiers Q&A
How do you size a commercial dehumidifier?
Sizing a dehumidifier relies on the intended purpose of the dehumidifier. If you plan to use the dehumidifier in a large room, it would be better to get a larger dehumidifiers based on their sizes and ability to remove moisture from the air.
Will a dehumidifier kill mold?
Dehumidiers will not kill molds but will remove humidity from the area. Molds grow in areas where there is a lot of humidity in the area. As such, dehumidifiers make rooms ineffective for the growth of molds.
What do professionals use to kill mold?
Professionals remove molds by removing materials that have been affected by molds and replacing wall coverings if the effects of the molds was too severe. They clean and disinfect walls, carpets, personal items, and the furniture in areas that have been affected by molds. They also filter the air and clean the affected areas thoroughly to ensure that they have removed any spores that could lead to the growth of more molds.
Where is the best place to put a dehumidifier?
A dehumidifier should be placed as close to the center of the house as possible to ensure that it all the sections of the room are accessible and to promote effective airflow. Placing the dehumidifier closer to wall or furniture could affect air circulation and reduce its effectiveness in eliminating humidity from the air.