Can I get a deleted video back on my iPhone?
Can you recover permanently deleted videos on iPhone?
How do I recover deleted videos from my iPhone 8?
As you can see, there are quite a number of iOS users asking for the same question – how to recover deleted videos from iPhone. Our post below will guide you to make it through.
Videos that are purchased or downloaded from iTunes store can be re-downloaded. If these videos are mistakenly deleted from iPhone, you can log in the same Apple ID with which you purchased or downloaded the videos to download them again.
For the videos that are taken by iPhone built-in camera, that’s a different story. If the videos you want to recover were not deleted from iPhone for long, it would be easy to get them back. If by any chance the videos were permanently deleted from iPhone, the common approach you can take advantage is your backups. In case you have no available backup, an extra way to recover deleted videos from iPhone without backup will be introduced.
Part 1. Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone with Recently Deleted Album
For the videos that are deleted recently, you can get it back from the Recently Deleted album on iPhone. Photos in the album remain on your iPhone for 30 days. Check the detailed steps below:
- Open the Photos app on iPhone.
- Press the Album button in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Find and enter the Recently Deleted album.
- Click the “Select” icon in the upper right corner of the screen.
- Select the videos you want and click “Recover” at the bottom right of the screen.
Part 2. Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone through iTunes Restore
If the videos have been permanently deleted, you can use an iTunes backup that contains the deleted videos to restore your iPhone. And you should know this would cause all current files and data on iPhone to be replaced by the backup content. Then follow the steps:
1. Launch iTunes on computer and plug in your iPhone via a USB cable.
2. Hit the phone-shaped icon when it shows in iTunes and then the “Restore Backup” option.
3. Choose the most relevant iTunes backup according to the backup data and size.
4. Hit “Restore” button and wait for the restore time to finish. Then check if the deleted videos are back to your iPhone.
Part 3. Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone through iCloud Restore
If you are used to back up iPhone to iCloud, you can restore iPhone from iCloud backup to recover deleted videos. Make sure the videos you need to recover are included in the backup. And please be sure in this way, the inevitable data loss of iPhone will happen. Check the instructions:
1. On your iPhone, open Settings app. Navigate to General > Reset to tap the “Erase All Content and Settings” option.
2. Reach the Apps & Data screen and tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
3. Sign in to iCloud with your Apple ID and password.
4. Select the iCloud backup contains the data you need and then wait for the restore to end. After that, go to check if the deleted videos you need are recovered.
Part 4. How to Recover Deleted Videos from iPhone without Backup
As mentioned earlier, restoring from backup will inevitably cause the data loss on iPhone. If you are looking for a way in which no existing files and data on iPhone will be erased, the last solution here can help you out. PhoneRescue is a Norton and McAfee secured iPhone data recovery tool that allows you to recover deleted videos from iPhone without backup. Read to know how it works:
1. Get PhoneRescue for iOS downloaded on your computer. Run it and connect your iPhone to the computer via a USB cable.
2. On the homepage of PhoneRescue, click “Recover from iOS Device” option, and then click the right arrow to scan your iPhone.
3. Select Photo Videos and Videos, and then click on “OK” to scan data.
4. Select the videos you need to recover and then click “To Computer” button to get deleted videos back to your computer.
Except videos, PhoneRescue also supports the recovery of the many other iOS files, like messages, photos, contacts, notes, call logs, reminders, etc. If you are in the trouble of losing valuable messages, check the page about how to retrieve deleted text messages on iPhone.
Generally, for the photos that were deleted from iPhone within 30 days, it’s easy to get them back through the Recently Deleted album. But for the photos over one month, you need the aid of iPhone backups. Three ways to use iTunes/iCloud backup to recover deleted videos from iPhone are introduced in details. Pick one as you please.