Guidelines To Use Google Disavow Tool

Tired of bad links on your site? Google Disavow is here. Rivals and competitors can no longer use bad backlinks to discredit your website. As the name suggests, Google Disavow disavows any bad links that a linked to a website, thus saving the site from penalty. Earlier, there was only the link removal strategy which was not enough. Before Google Disavow, a lot of people had been struggling with bad links. When the tool was introduced, many webmasters breathed a sigh of relief. However, as far as using this tool is concerned, it is easier than what most might expect. It has three basic steps to it.

Google Disavow Tool

Image source

Step 1:

The very first step to using this tool is to download the list of bad back links to your website. This can be done by a simple point and click process. Enter the homepage of your Webmaster’s Tools and go to the dashboard. Once you’re on your dashboard, click on ‘Traffic’ and then click on ‘Links To Your Site’. Under ‘Who Links For Most, click on ‘More’. Lastly, click on ‘Download More Sample Links’ and ‘Download Latest Links’ and you’re good.

Step 2:

Once you have downloaded the list of links you wish to disavow, you need to create a file containing these links and upload it to Google. As simple as that! Keep in mind that the file containing all the links has to be a simple text file with a .txt format. Another thing to bear in mind is that there should only be one link per line. You don’t want to confuse and disinterest Google with a haphazardly prepared text file. You can also ask Google to disavow an entire domain by addling the line “domain : name of the” Remember, only list the links that you really need to disavow.

Step 3:

Here comes the step where you upload your file on Google. It is even simpler than the first two steps. Here is how you do it. First, go to the disavow links tool page and pick your website. Then just click on ‘Disavow links’ and upload your file. The disavowing process is complete.

Once you’ve uploaded the file, it might take Google to come across your file. This can take days, sometimes even weeks. Typically, the file gets incorporated into Google’s index and you have to wait till Google completes its first cycle of search and comes back to your file in its second cycle.

It is no secret that Google’s Disavow Tool is here to help. However, this does not mean that you should bombard Google with links and over whelm them. Google has been encouraging webmasters to get rid of back links with the help of lick removal strategies. Using, link removal strategies; it is possible to get rid of almost 80% of bad back links. The other 20% are difficult to reach. This is where the Google disavow tool should be used.

Also, while reviewing links, you need to look out for duplicate content. You also need to be careful with which links you choose to disavow. If you disavow a lot of links at any one time, there is a high possibility that you might include links you don’t really want to disavow. In case this happens, it is very difficult to get Google to consider a re-avow request. Therefore, it is suggested that you do a full link audit before you upload your file to Google. There are many tools out there which can help you do a full link audit. If you bear these points in mind, you can optimally use the Google Disavow Tool to your advantage.

Ralph is a freelance writer and blogger who also works as an online strategist for Ranking By SEO India. Ralph also helps these websites in using Google’s disavow tools and he enjoys writing for top SEO Company India.

Related Post

Check Also

Ways To Triple Targeted Traffic For Your Online Business With Photo-Sharing On Instagram

Many businesses online are now recognizing the importance of social media marketing for the growth …

Leave a Reply