At $399 SRP, the Xbox 360 Elite package isn’t really a cheap purchase that any avid gamer can afford. Is it worth the investment though? We say it is, and we have 10 reasons to back up our claim.
1. All the games you want, right here, right now. The Xbox 360, and consequently the Xbox 360 Elite, has the deepest gaming library among the current generation of consoles. The Xbox 360 has thrice as many games as the Sony Playstation 3. These games are currently available. You can choose from a very huge selection immediately after buying your Xbox 360 Elite.
2. All the games you want, coming very soon. Halo: ODST, Halo: Reach, Rock Band: Beatles, Metal Gear Solid: Rising, Final Fantasy XIII, Modern Warfare 2, Assassin’s Creed 2… these are just some of the games that are coming very, very soon to the Xbox 360 Elite. If games define a gaming system, then the Xbox 360 Elite’s future is quite secure.
3. Home of a hundred exclusives. Only in the Xbox 360 will you be able to play exclusives like Halo 2 and 3, Fable 2, Mass Effect 2, Gears of War 2, and many, many more.
4. Multimedia madness. Watch movies, play music, surf through web pages, stream TV shows and blockbuster hits, and the likes. The Xbox 360 Elite is a multimedia monster that is capable of reading and playing a variety of file formats.
5. Best online gaming experience EVER! Xbox Live has the best infrastructure among the networking systems of current consoles. Once you start to engage in multiplayer games via Xbox Live, you won’t settle for anything else. The Nintendo Wii’s internet capabilities is almost non-existent. The Playstation Network is plagued with more problems than features. PC gaming doesn’t have the convenient control schemes of consoled. The Xbox 360 Elite via the Xbox Live service is the best online multiplayer experience currently available.
6. Netflix free trial, movies here we come! The Xbox 360 Elite comes with a free Netflix trial that will allow you to stream your selected movies on your console for enjoyable viewing in the comforts of your own home. This trial is completely non-committal. You can opt to continue with a regular subscription or decline the service altogether once the trial concludes.
7. 3RL no more. Say hello to the Jasper. The 3 red lights of death – an error code that signal general hardware failure which plagues a third of the Xbox 360 consoles released earlier – is virtually non-existent with the Xbox 360 Elite. The new Jasper chipset is being used for newer Xbox 360 models, and the failure rate, as of this writing, is less than 1%.
8. 2 free games. The Xbox 360 Elite comes with 2 pre-packaged games. Currently, the latest package includes two fantastic exclusives, Halo 3 and Fable 2.
9. Black is cool. Only via the Xbox 360 Elite will you be able to acquire an all black Xbox 360 set, from the console to the controller to the headset.
10. 120GB hard drive FTW! The Xbox 360 Elite comes with a humongous 120GB hard drive, which is bigger than the storage capacity of most PCs these days. You won’t have to worry about lacking storage space for your downloads.